In the modern era of social media, there are more than enough means for you to promote your business, the most effective one being social media.
However, practical business owners might be in the dark regarding social media.
This is where a social media marketing team comes in.
If you are someone who knows how to sell a business using targeting advertising on Facebook or you know how to increase Twitter engagement, then starting your own business is the perfect way to put those skills to good use.
The great thing about structuring your social media marketing company is that you can do it on any scale that you like, whether it is managing the social media of one business or having a few different clients on your roster.
Building your reputation and having the right brand are all part of developing a solid business and guaranteeing yourself repeat work.
How Can You Find Your Social Media Marketing Niche?
When you first set up your agency, you most likely won't be starting out on a massive scale.
This is why you'll find your own little corner of the internet, honing in on a sector that you know intimately and feel that you can get the jump on competitors and start developing a definite brand.
Here are some of the key things that you should be asking yourself:
· What sector do you know well? – If you have previous knowledge of any sector of industry, whether it is landscape gardening or carpet manufacture, find a business that you know you could help... and get paid for it.
· Which industries make money? – One thing that you should do is pick a business that is not going to make you any money at all. You'll want is topic or a subject that is popular enough that you know it will drive customers toward your business.
· What local businesses could do with my help? – You won't want to overreach yourself with a company that is too big. When you are starting out, you'll want to keep it to local businesses, as they'll more than likely be willing to hear what you have to say.
In case you are struggling to think of any niche industries or sectors that might make you money, then here are a few that will get you started:
· Real Estate
· Phone repair stores
· Plastic surgery
· Dating and Relationships
· Personal finances
· Home security
· Weight loss
· Music Tuition
All of the above have been shown to earn a high yield, but that's only if you can think of a marketing strategy that not a lot of people have considered before – the niche within a niche.
What Is The Best Way Of Pitching To Your Client?
There are many things that you will have to consider when pitching to your client. First, you'll need to have studied the brand carefully and identified weaknesses in its social media strategy.
Here are things you'll need to bear in mind when you are developing the pitch:
· The price – most clients will want to know how much it will cost to run the whole marketing strategy as well as how much customer revenue it will generate.
· Pitch your product clearly – try not to be too vague or abstract when describing the concepts to your clients. You'll need to make sure they have a clear grasp of what you are trying to do and how it will help their business.
There are 3 needs that you need to bear in mind when you are developing products for clients:
1. Content – This could be videos, written content, or graphics on the website.
2. Marketing Audience Acquisition – this will include generally growing the number of followers to a business's social media page through the creation of emailing lists and engaging with influencers.
3. Lead Generation – Creating new leads and generating new clients.
You do not have to follow these 3 principles, only if you feel confident with the technical side of social media marketing.
You can simply be in charge of the content that a business puts on its social media, which will help you streamline your whole operation and it'll also just be really easy for you.
How Can You Build A Website?
For a fully operational strategy for a business, you'll need to make sure that you have as much area covered as possible.
This means that you will need to make sure you set up a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Here are some of the main things you'll want to build for your client's website:
· Purchase a domain – Buy a cheap domain name and include the main niche for your business in the title. Don't shy away from being very, very obvious!
· Create a website theme – Websites such as WordPress have wonderful themes, and you'll want to make sure that your website looks neat and is easy to read. Think about the user's journey and how easy it is to travel from one part of your website to another.
· Make a website logo – a logo is how someone instantly identifies your brand, so make sure that you design a good one. There are plenty of design websites that will help you with this. You should also create banner ads and brochures.
How Can You Develop Niche Content?
Now that you have your website up and running, you'll need to start developing some content. You can do this by creating 1 or 2 blogs a week and posting them.
This will give your website more authority and bump it up the Google search rankings.
You should make sure that you post them to all forms of social media you can and include specialist industry groups who might reshare it and increase its authority.
For example, if you write an article entitled: "How Landscape Gardening Can Utilize Social Media", then this will drive industry traffic to your website and generally increase the authority of your website.
Remember to have your blog post link to your website.
How Can You Build A Client Profile?
This is where you need to actively generate more clients for yourself and really advertise your portfolio and skills to managers, founding members of companies and company presidents.
Basically, these are the decision makers that can decide whether or not to hire you.
You should spend a decent amount of time writing LinkedIn notes that you can send out to prospective clients.
You should make sure that these are personalized. This might take a little bit more time, but it will increase the chances of having maximum engagement.
You should offer your clients a decent package and a clear list of the services you provide, whether it is website building or general social media management.
Make sure that you are really selling yourself and include a comprehensive list of website examples.
We hope that our guide to starting up a social media marketing business has helped you with some of the basics.
It might seem quite simple, but there is a lot of hard work that goes into building up your brand.
Connect with Aspiring Entrepreneurs: